The award ceremony takes place at 4 p.m on October 9, 2013, in the “Lesezelt” at Frankfurt Book Fair
Lucerne, Switzerland – July 29, 2013. Have we learned from the financial crisis? Can business repair the economic damage the crisis inflicted? Can we predict the future? The best authors dare to ask big questions. They research, analyze and scrutinize. They provide us with food for thought – and in the best cases, it’s a feast.
getAbstract is proud to present the getAbstract International Book Award to the best business books of 2013 This year, getAbstract assessed more than 10,000 English and German business books in the fields of leadership and management, strategy, sales and marketing, human resources, economics and politics, finance, and career development, and we have selected 10 finalists.
The 2013 nominees are
- – Never Let a Serious Crisis Go to Waste by Philipp Mirowski, Verso Books
- – Startup Communities by Brad Feld, Wiley/ John Wiley & Sons
- – The Signal and the Noise by Nate Silver, Penguin Press/Penguin Group (USA)
- – The World Until Yesterday by Jared Diamond, Viking Press/Penguin Group (USA)
- – Tubes by Andrew Blum, Ecco/HarperCollins Publishers
- – Ego by Frank Schirmacher, Karl Blessing Verlag
- – Die Target-Falle by Hans-Werner Sinn, Carl Hanser Verlag
- – Radikal führen by Reinhard K. Sprenger, Campus Verlag
- – Wie viel Bank braucht der Mensch? by Thomas Fricke, Westend Verlag
- – Zurück zur D-Mark? by Peter Bofinger, Droemer Verlag
Two nominated titles from each language category will receive the getAbstract International Book Award, a coveted prize within the international publishing world. The official award ceremony will take place on October 9, 2013, from 4 p.m to 5 p.m, at Frankfurt Book Fair’s “Lesezelt” in Frankfurt am Main.
This year, the award celebrates its 12th anniversary. When the getAbstract International Book Award launched in 2001, it was the first international prize of its kind to honor outstanding works in the field of business literature. Since then, getAbstract has presented the accolade to such esteemed authors as George A. Akerlof, Robert J. Shiller, Nassim Nicholas Taleb, Ian Morris, Benoît Mandelbrot, Malcolm Gladwell, Niall Ferguson, Joseph Stiglitz, Thomas Sowell, Chris Anderson, Peter Sloterdijk, Gunter Dueck, Uwe Jean Heuser, Wolfgang Münchau and Hans-Werner Sinn.
getAbstract provides executives worldwide with the best in business knowledge. With over 10,000 business books summarized, getAbstract offers the largest library of executive summaries On-line. Currently, 25% of the Fortune 100 use getAbstract solutions to drive strong learning cultures. getAbstract’s business summaries are available in English, German, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, French and Portuguese. getAbstract was founded in 1999, the brainchild of three global business executives who saw a growing need for putting more knowledge in people’s hands, in a format they could quickly absorb to stay current.